A ground-breaking expedition featuring SV Gambo, following the spectacular story of an Arctic iceberg. Begins Oct 30th, BBC2.
BBC ice finale
In the last episode of Frozen Planet, follow Alun Hubbard and his team investigating how climate change is affecting the Greenland Ice Sheet.
Giant ice island
In August 2010, an iceberg x4 the size of Manhattan broke free from Petermann. Alun Hubbard and Jason Box tracked events leading up to the break-up.
- Extreme Ice Survey - the world's most extensive photographic glacier study
- Meltfactor.org - current ice and climate science by Jason Box
- PROMICE - The Programme for Monitoring of the Greenland Ice Sheet (GEUS weather stations)
- IGES - Institute of Geography & Earth Sciences, Aberystwyth University
- Earth Observatory - record melting in Greenland during 2010
- The un-ice age - Jane Beitler (NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System)
- AntarcticGlaciers.org - Explaining the science of Antarctic glaciology
- GRACE - Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment
- Landsat - Earth-observing satellite missions managed by NASA
- NSIDC - National Snow & Ice Data Center