|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours||60%|
|Semester Assessment||Continuous Assessment: 2 essays of 1500 - 2000 words||40%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours written examination||100%|
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to understand fully the major shifts and developments in contemporary Spain. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of current social, political, cultural and economic issues with some historical background and will practice displaying logical argument through essay writing.
The areas covered in this module will include:
- the conflicting pressures of Catholic, liberal and secular Spain
- The transition to democracy and the role of Spain in the EU
- Elites in Spain and their influence on politics and society
- Spanish/Latin American relations and Spain in a global context
- The changing spanish Language
- Analysis of Spain's recent history including national and regional identity and ayutonomy, ETA and terrorism, the monarchy and political parties.
This module is at CQFW Level 6