10.2 General Principles
1. Aberystwyth University, in conformity with the general intention of its Charter, confirms its commitment to a comprehensive policy of equal consideration for all applicants to the University.
2. No applicant for a place whether at undergraduate or postgraduate level should receive less favourable treatment on grounds such as sex, age, ethnic origin, disability, religion, marital/parental status, or any comparable grounds.
3. The University aims to provide opportunities for prospective students who are capable of benefiting from, and successfully completing, a degree or other scheme irrespective of their background.
4. The University is committed to the five core principles of fair admissions as defined in the Schwartz Report (2014): An admissions system based on transparency, selection based on the applicants achievements & potential, adopting assessments methods that are reliable & valid, minimising barriers to entry, and professional in every respect & underpinned by structures and processes.
5. All applications received by the appropriate UCAS deadlines of the year of entry are guaranteed to be given consideration. Applications received beyond this date will be considered at the discretion of the University.