Pantycelyn-Penbryn is our catered and Welsh-Medium hall, located on the Penglais Campus near TaMed Da Restaurant and many academic buildings. Many of the rooms embrace fine views of the surrounding countryside, the town and the sea, which are less than ten minute walk away.
Pantycelyn-Penbryn houses up to 60 students within 1 block. The block has 3 self-contained flats comprising between 12 and 20 single bedrooms. Residents will also have access to shared bathrooms and a small kitchenette.
The Accommodation Fees include a meal allowance to cover the cost of at least one meal a day. However, the meal allowance is flexible - if you do not use the daily / weekly allowance, the money will rollover and can be used at any point up until the end of your Licence.
One of Pantycelyn-Penbryn’s outstanding features is the award-winning TaMed Da Restauarant.
Meals may be taken at TaMed Da, or at any of the University’s restaurants.
Further information about TaMed Da restaurant and all catering outlets can be found on the Hospitality pages.
Facilities & Services
Pantycelyn-Penbryn's main facilities include:
- Catered accommodation with award winning restaurant & cafe - TaMed Da and TaMed Bach.
- Wi-Fi and wired connection.
- Laundry facilities.
- Cleaning service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors and communal bathroom(s) / corridors.
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM).
- Secure cycle storage.
- Soft seating areas.
- Vending machines.
- Refuse & Recycling collection points.
- Parking (limited, permit required).
- Residence Assistants providing you with support and guidance.
What's in your room?
- Bed & mattress - small double (4 foot).
- Bedside cabinet in most rooms.
- Desk & computer chair.
- Desk lamp.
- Waste bin.
- Wash basin (sink).
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge and 1 x Freezer or 1 x Fridge/Freezer.
- Table top oven/grill combi.
- Ironing board.
- Mop & bucket.
- Dustpan & brush.
- Bins - Dry mixed recycling, glass, food and general waste.
- Wash basins (sink).
The bathroom facilities are proportionate to the number of residents per flat.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
The document has moved here.
Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) Server at www.aber.ac.uk Port 80
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations.
Weekly Cost 2018 / 2019
Length of Licence 2018 / 2019
Weekly Cost 2019 / 2020
Length of Licence 2018 / 2019
£116.41 (includes food allowance)
£120.68 (includes food allowance)
*From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 – 10.00am on 21/06/2019.
** From 10.00am on 20/09/2019 - 10.00am on 19/06/2020.
The meal allowance is flexible - if you do not use the daily / weekly allowance, the money will rollover and can be used at any point up until the end of your Licence.