Pantycelyn-Penbryn is our catered and Welsh-Medium hall, located on the Penglais Campus near TaMed Da Restaurant and many academic buildings. Many of the rooms embrace fine views of the surrounding countryside, the town and the sea, which are less than ten minute walk away.
Pantycelyn-Penbryn houses up to 60 students within 1 block. The block has 3 self-contained flats comprising between 12 and 20 single bedrooms. Residents will also have access to shared bathrooms and a small kitchenette.
One of Pantycelyn-Penbryn’s outstanding features is the award-winning TaMed Da Restauarant. The Accommodation Fees include a meal allowance to cover the cost of at least one meal a day. Meals may be taken at TaMed Da, or at any of the University’s restaurants.
Further information about TaMed Da restaurant and all catering outlets can be found on the Hospitality pages.
There are also small kitchenettes within each flat which allow students to prepare light meals or snacks in addition to using the restaurant. See 'What's in your Shared Area' for the list of equipment provided.
Facilities & Services
Main facilities include:
- Catered accommodation.
- Award winning restaurant & cafe - TaMed Da and TaMed Bach.
- Wi-Fi and wired connection.
- Laundry facilities.
- Cleaning service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors.
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM) - containing PC work stations, Wi-Fi, group study areas, photocopier, vending, leather sofa's.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Soft seating areas.
- Vending machines.
- Refuse & Recycling collection points.
- Parking (limited, permit required).
- Residence Assistants providing you with support and guidance.
- Communal Television Room.
What's in your room?
Furniture & Equipment
- Bed & mattress- standard single (3 foot) or small double (4 foot)*.
- Bedside cabinet (most rooms.
- Desk & computer chair.
- Desk lamp.
- Waste bin.
- Wash basin (sink).
*If you are offered a room with a small double bed we will e-mail you in advance of your arrival to notify you so that you can bring the correct size bedding. We suggest you buy bedding for a double bed with a flat sheet, instead of a fitted sheet, which can then be tucked in underneath the mattress.
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge and 1 x Freezer or 1 x Fridge/Freezer.
- Table top oven/grill combi.
- Ironing board.
- Mop & bucket.
- Dustpan & brush.
- Toilet cubicles.
- Shower cubicles.
- Bath cubicles.
- Wash basins (sink).
The bathroom facilities are proportionate to the number of residents per flat.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
Take a 360 degree tour of this residence by clicking and dragging on the image below; click on a highlighted area to move to a new viewpoint.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations.
WEEKLY COST 2018/19
LENGTH OF LICENCE 2018/19
£116.41 (includes food allowance)
**From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 – 10.00am on 21/06/2019