Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2
Cwrt Mawr is situated at the top of the Penglais Campus, close to Trefloyne and Rosser halls of residences. Many of the rooms also embrace fine views of the town and the bay, which are just a ten minute walk away.
Cwrt Mawr consists of flats within blocks. Each block has 6 self-contained flats comprising between 6 and 10 single bedrooms. Residents will also have access to a shared shower room(s), toilets and a shared kitchen area as well as having a wash basin in their room.
Students in Cwrt Mawr are self-catering, sharing kitchens in self-contained flats.
Cwrt Mawr is located within 5 minutes' walk of CK's supermarket, or alternatively residents can shop at the larger supermarkets in the town.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Also available in Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2 is our Part-Catered option. In addition to having your own fully equipped kitchen, you will also have an allowance, as part of your Accommodation Fee, to spend on food in a choice of our hospitality venues. So you get the best of both! The meal allowance is flexible - if you do not use the daily / weekly allowance, the money will rollover and can be used at any point up until the end of your Licence.
Facilities & Services
Cwrt Mawr's main facilities include:
- Self-catered or part-catered accommodation.
- Wi-Fi and wired connection.
- Laundry facilities.
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors.
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM).
- Secure cycle storage for up to 60 bicycles.
- Refuse & Recycling collection points.
- Parking (limited, permit required).
- Residence Assistants providing you with support and guidance.
What's in Your Room?
- Single bed (3 foot) & mattress.
- Desk & computer chair.
- Desk lamp.
- Waste bin.
- Wash basin (sink) with mirror.
What's in your Shared Areas?
- 1 x Fridge and 1 x Freezer, or 2 x Fridge/Freezer's.
- Oven with grill & hob.
- Dining table and chairs.
- Ironing board.
- Mop & bucket.
- Dustpan & brush.
- Bins - Dry mixed recycling, glass, food and general waste.
- 2 x toilets.
- Hand sanitiser / wash basin (sink).
- 2 x Showers.
Please note the images used are examples of a selection of rooms and styles may differ between locations. (Please click on the images to see a larger version).
|Room Type||Weekly Cost 2018/19||Length of Licence 2018/19||Weekly Cost 2019 / 2020||Length of Licence 2019 / 2020|
|Single Price Band 2||£85.40||39 weeks*||£85.40||39 weeks**|
|Single Price Band 2 (Part-Catered)||£123.90 (including food allowance)||39 weeks*||£125.65||39 weeks**|
*From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 - 10.00am on 21/06/2019.
**From 10.00am on 20/09/2019 - 10.00am on 26/06/2020.
If you do not use the daily / weekly allowance, the money will rollover and can be used at any point up until the end of your Licence.