I have also secured accommodation in the private sector, what are my options?

You will need to choose which room you would like.
If you would like to secure University accommodation but have already signed a contract with a private sector Landlord, you will need to contact the landlord to see if they can release you from your contract. Some may allow you to be released from your contract only when you have found someone to take your place. If your room was arranged with a group of friends, it is advisable to talk to your friends and agree that everyone is happy for you to leave your private sector accommodation. You will need to ensure that a new contract for your private sector accommodation is signed by the replacement tenant and your name removed. If you would like help to fill your private sector room you can post the room availability on the Accommodation Office's Facebook page.