Starting a Business / Social Enterprise or Freelancing
Do you like the idea of creating your own business or social enterprise?
Working for yourself is a viable option for students and recent graduates.
- You may have a business idea that you wish to develop alomgside your studies
- You may be nearing the end of your degree and see yourself as an entrepreneur
- In some industries operating as a self-employed freelancer is the most likely way to gain entry
- As a student you could be enterprising now by starting a new club or society
- You might be interested in bringing together a group of likeminded individuals to create real change within society, by way of a social enterprise
Whatever your current thinking or level of readiness the Careers Service is here to offer you help and advice on all aspects of turning your good idea into a great enterprise through its AberPreneurs service, which offers:
- Free start-up workshops and presentations held on campus
- Free one-to-one start-up mentoring from a professional business consultant
- InvEnterPrize - Aber Uni's annual £10,000 student ideas competition
- Business Start-Up Week - a whole week, each June, of workshops and presentations for budding entrepreneurs
Find out more at