AberPreneurs - Turning Business Ideas into Reality
Aberystwyth University supports students, graduates and staff who wish to start new businesses, particularly where these businesses are related to the knowledge and expertise of the University.
'AberPreneurs' helps clients with information, advice, training and funding.
Enterprise Events 2019
- Wed Jan 30th - InvEnterPrize Q & A drop in session - 2.30-3.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom
- Wed Feb 13th - Digital Marketing - Ian Harris - 2.30-4.30pm - Visualisation Centre Boardroom
- Wed Feb 20th - Ideas Generation - Big Ideas Wales - 2.30-4.30 Visualisation Centre, Room F16
- Wed March 6th - 'Inspirational Role Model' - Clare Ferguson-Walker - http://www.cfwdesigns.co.uk/ 2.30-4.30 Visualisation Centre, Boardroom
- Wed March 13th - '10 steps to starting a business' - Big Ideas Wales - Visualisation, Centre Boardroom
- Wed March 20th - TAX - 'all you need to know' - Business Wales - 2.30-4.30 Visualisation Centre Boardroom
- Wed March 27th - 'Inspirational Role Model' - TBC
- Fri March 29th - InvEnterprize Student Ideas Competition - Judging Day!
- Wed April 3rd - TBC - 2.30-4.30 Visualisation Centre, Boardroom
- Wed May 1st - Crowdfunding - Gareth Jones 'The Town Square' - 2.30-4.30 Visualisation Centre Boardroom
To Book your place email: email@example.com
FREE One to one 'Business Mentoring' available, to book email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Start-Up Week 2019 - June 3rd-7th
Enterprise Events 2018
- Wed Oct 3rd - Role Model talk - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom - Spike 'The Blacksmith' Blackhurst will talk about how she set up her successfull business - https://businesswales.gov.wales/bigideas/profile/spike-blackhurst
- Wed Oct 17th - 'Funding Your Business' - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. Expert financial advice from HSBC, BANC (Finance Wales), Purple Shoots & Antur Teifi.
- Wed Oct 24th - Social Enterprise workshop - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. Aber Food Surplus will be talking about their Social Enterprise, come along and find out how it's done - https://www.aberfoodsurplus.co.uk/
- Wed Oct 31st - Costing & Pricing Masterclass - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, F16. David Bannister (Big Ideas Wales) will tell you all you need to know for your Business or Social Enterprise.
- Wed Nov 7th - Tax & Book keeping Masterclass - 2.30-5.30pm Visualisation Centre Boardroom. Anything you need to know about tax & book keeping? 'Business Wales' will cover all you need to know for your business start-up or existing business.
- Mon Nov 12th - 'InvEnterPrize' launch - 2.15-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. Student Ideas Competition - you could win £10,000!
- Wed Nov 14th - Market Research Masterclass - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. David Bannister (Big Ideas Wales), come and learn how to successfully research your market for you business idea.
- Fri Nov 16th - Crowdfunding & finance talk - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. Gareth Jones (Big Ideas Wales) will advise on funding and how to avoid the pitfalls. https://businesswales.gov.wales/bigideas/profile/gareth-jones - DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED
- Wed Nov 21st - Intellectual Property Masterclass - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. Nigel Packer (Big Ideas Wales) will be running this workshop - protect your ideas! https://businesswales.gov.wales/bigideas/profile/nigel-t-packer
- Wed Nov 28th - Marketing Masterclass - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, F16. David Bannister (Big Ideas Wales) tells you all you need to know about Marketing for your new business or social enterprise.
- Wed Dec 5th - Finance Planning & Control Masterclass - 2.30-4.30pm Visualisation Centre, Boardroom. David Bannister (Big Ideas Wales) - this workshop is a must for you if you are starting a new business or social enterprise.
'AberPreneurs' offer a range of activities to support enterprise:
- Business Start-Up and Enterprise Support
- Enterprise Events
- Inspirational Talks
- One-to-one Mentoring
- Funding Advice
- Useful Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Websites
Getting in Contact:
If you have a business idea and would like some advice contact:
Louise Somerfield - Enterprise Administrator
T: 01970 622378
To provide you with our full range of start-up support services we hold and utilise personal data that you provide, on the basis of legitimate interest.
Our full Data Protection Information can be viewed here - Data Protection Information
Enterprise and Business start-up at Aberystwyth University is supported by The Welsh Government Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme as part of the Welsh Governments commitment to encourage youth entrepreneurship in Wales.