The Payroll and Pensions Office is located in the Human Resources Department and is open between 9am and 5pm.
The Office's main areas of responsibility are:
- The payment of salaries to all members of full/part time and casual staff.
- The processing of variable payroll data from timesheets, overtime claims, certificates of attendance and fees for external examiners.
- All financial aspects of the salary process including journals to recharge salary costs between accounting units.
- Providing advice and information to University staff and casual employees on salary matters.
- Liaison with HMRC, Department of Works and Pensions and other official bodies.
- Liaison with all University departments including HR on matters relating to salaries and costing.
- Distribution of payslips, P60 and salary costing reports.
- Pension arrangements.
Salaries are paid on the last working day of each month.