Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

A permitted paid engagement visa is for visitors who have been invited to come to the UK because of their expertise. Migrants under this visa route are permitted to stay in the UK for up to 1 month. No sponsorship is required. The work must be relevant to the migrant's main work overseas.

The visa cannot be extended or switched and the individual must be able to prove that they have enough money to support themselves and to pay for their return or onward journey.

Family members must apply for their own separate visa(s).

This visa is for those who are coming to the UK to:

- be a student examiner or assessor

- take part in selection panels for the education, arts or research organisation you have been invited by as a highly qualified  academic

- give lectures at Aberystwyth University (as long as it is not a part-time or full-time role)

- Provide advocacy in a particular area of law

- Take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting

- do minor activities related to your work or business overseas e.g. meetings

More information is available from the UKVI website.