I’ve been allocated a centrally timetabled room to teach in, it says it needs a PEEP, what is this?


Some of the rooms at the University have fire escape routes that need people to use stairs.  If there is someone in the teaching group that has difficulty using stairs then they will need a PEEP, a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan. 

The PEEP will summarise how that person can evacuate from the building if there is a fire alarm.  As everyone has different abilities the PEEP will be tailored to the individual.  The HS&E office are responsible for advising on PEEPs for staff and students.