IBERS is fully committed to developing our students long term work prospects. Our aim is to provide opportunities to develop students’ employability to help you secure an appropriate career following graduation.
We do this in many ways including:
- Providing study schemes with a year in industry
- External scheme opportunities such as the Year in Employment and the Erasmus European Exchange schemes
- Embedding employability skills development in teaching modules
- Encouraging personal development and career planning with the Abergrad portfolio
- Organising employer events throughout the year
- The Aberforward scheme run by the University
And of course, teaching students the specific skills necessary to be successful in their study area
In return, we expect our students to perform to their full ability academically and to actively engage with these opportunities.
Want to know what our graduates do next?
Read our student profiles to find out more about what it’s really like to be an IBERS graduate and what career opportunities an IBERS degree could open up to you: