We have strong links with other IBERS research groups (Rumen Microbiology, Stress Physiology, Biocomputing), with other departments at AU (Centre for Glaciology and Geochemistry, IGES, formalized via the Microbes & Earth Systems Interdepartmental Cluster) and with other universities and research institutions world-wide:-
- Bacterial Signalling (Warwick University);
- Trace Gas Detection (Radbouds University,Nijmegen);
- Lung Cancer Biomarkers and Microbiology (MEDLUNG project: Swansea University)
- Cryosphere Ecosystems (University of Bristol / Sheffield University /Centre for Ecology & Hydrology Lancaster / Universität Innsbruck / Alpineforschungstelle Obergurgl / Chiba University;
- Flow cytometry – Dijon, Las Palmas; Comparative Genomics – CNRS Saint-Paul-lez-Durance;
- Fungal phylogenetics - Friedrich Schiller University Jena, NCBI, RBG Kew);
- Coalmine Drainage geomicrobiology – Bangor University & British Geological Survey.
We welcome further collaborations (including enquiries from potential PhD student and visiting researchers).