Study/ Work Placements
Click the tabs below for additional information.
How to Apply
1. Decide where you want to go. See your Department's
2. Check Availability and Deadlines with your
Please Note: You must be "Nominated" by your Departmental Coordinator to the SA Office before you can apply. Deadlines may vary from department to department and can be as early as February.
3. Once nominated, submit a Grant Application to the Study Abroad Office.
4. Forms: must be completed before going on your mobility.
5. Finally, you will be required to attend a pre-departure meeting before term ends.
(You will be notified of available date.)
After completing your mobility you are required to complete a final report. A link to the online final report/questionnaire will be sent to your AU Email account after you submit your attendance certificate.
*Please note: We will consider applications from PG students if the application is supported by the academic supervisor/course leader. Please provide a letter of support with the application form.
Information For Aberystwyth Students
As a student at Aberystwyth University, you have the amazing opportunity to study or work abroad in Europe as part of your degree. You may wish to undertake a placement for one semester or the full academic year.This could be part of an integrated year abroad, year in industry or simply part of your existing studies. An Erasmus+ placement won’t add any time to your degree and marks from assessments will be converted into Aberystwyth credits at the end of your placement, which will contribute to your degree.
Where can I go?
Study placements are directed by Exchange Partners; you will study in a corresponding department in another European university.
Work placements are organised by students. Some departments will have contacts with employers in Europe, so make sure to contact your coordinator in the first instance.
What are the benefits?
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to being an Erasmus student. Here are only some of the advantages:
- An Erasmus grant is available for both Study and Work placements.
- Learn in an European context and gain full recognition from Aberystwyth for the courses you studied abroad through ECTS
- You can still graduate with all your friends-the length of your course will not change!
- Improve your career prospects.
- Develop and international perspective at an overseas university or enterprise.
- Form a large circle of international friends from arond the world.
Students who undertake an Erasmus+ placement will be eligible for a non-means tested grant, calculated by month you spend in your host placement. This will be dependent on which country you will live in and whether you study or work. There is also additional support for those from a disadvantaged background. Those undertaking a placement for a full academic year will also benefit from reduced tuition fees for that year. More information on the Erasmus+ Grant can be found here.