Inside the Library
With e-journals and e-books and increasingly more online library services (even paying your fines!) it is easy to forget the important services offered to researchers within Aberystwyth University's libraries.
As well as borrowing rights and document supply services you have access to professional subject specific librarians and unique special collections and archives.
Borrowing and Document Supply
Subject Information Enquiries and Training
- An introductory visit and/or tour of library facilities by arrangement
- Advice on library services for academic staff by phone and email
- Collaboration on resourcing the library and information skills training
- One-to-one clinic training on request; we can visit you on campus for e.g. use of online catalogues and resources on and off campus, content alerts or EndNote training
- Refresher/update sessions for groups of staff by arrangement
There are a number of University special collections available for research access, such as the Celtic Collection (which is available for loan), the European Documentation Centre, the Appleton collection on colour printing and binding, and the Horton Collection of children’s material. There are also departmentally curated collections such as the E.G. Bowen Map Library and the School of Art Collections.