Over the past few years, increasing numbers of social networking sites have been set up specifically to cater for researchers’ needs, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Slideshare with many being linked to reference management facilities for storing details of your favourite citations and publicising your own research.
- The Research Information Network (RIN) have created a useful guide to social media for researchers.
- Exeter University have also provided an good online guide to using social media
- Aberystwyth University provides staff and students with brief Social networking websites and House Rules on using social networking, saftey, and the University's twitter services
Blogs / Feeds
Some useful sites for setting up your own blogs and searching for blogs in your subject include:
Try out some research blogs associated with Aberystwyth University:
- The School of Art Gallery and Museum at Aberystwyth University is administered and edited by staff at the Museum this blog provides a hub for news, events, writing and images relating to the School of Art Gallery and Museum
- The Environmental Politics group use their blog to continue discussions, share ideas and problems encountered in research, and to circulate information about upcoming events
- The Security Research Group (SRG) blog posts event and project details and documents the group's research: from post-colonial and post-structural conceptions of security to the allied field of strategic studies.
- The Academic Services Team's blog provides library advice and support, and tips and tricks that support your research at Aberystwyth University
- The Special Collections blog has details of recent rare books displays in our libraries.
For more information please contact your subject librarian