Support for remote learners
The following services are available to students who have applied, and been approved, to study from home. The remote learner privileges will automatically be applied to your library borrowing account when your application to study remotely has been approved by the Academic Registry.
Longer loan period
The standard loan period for remote learners is four weeks. Books will be renewed every four weeks, for a further four weeks unless:
- they have been requested by another user
- they have reached their maximum renewal period
- your library borrowing account come to an end
The postal loan service is only available for items that are NOT available online.
- To request a book by postal loan please follow the instructions here: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/2230
- You will be able to use our Freepost returns service to return your books.
- Until they are received by the Library, all items are your responsibility.
- Where a book is not available for loan and not available online, we are able to scan and email up to one chapter. Please complete our request form for book chapters
- You can request scans/photocopies of journal articles or thesis that are not available online through our Document Supply Service