EndNote online (was EndNote Web) is an online bibliographic referencing application for
- gathering bibliographic references from library catalogues and electronic resources
- amending, managing and storing references
- formatting the references from a range of citation styles provided
- exporting the references as footnotes, endnotes and bibliographies into Microsoft Word documents
It is freely available however when Aberystwyth University staff and students sign up, they are accessing an enhanced version with additional output styles and more storage for full-text attachments.
Register for EndNote online
- On a computer on the AU campus network (includes devices on eduroam wifi) visit: https://access.clarivate.com/login?app=endnote
- Click Register and complete the short form with your Aberystwyth University username but NOT your Aberystwyth University password, then click Register to submit the form
- Sign in with your full Aber email address and the password you have just set
If you are using your own computer, or a computer in a University office or lab, you must also download the plug-ins so that you can capture references from web pages, cite references in Word and help export references from databases into EndNote online (this has already been done on computers in campus computer rooms and libraries).
- Click the Download tab and following the instructions.
Starting with EndNote online
- Set of 8 short videos; although these were made with a previous version of EndNote online, they can help you begin with Endnote online
- Endnote online help
- Clarivate Analytics EndNote online LibGuide
- How do I gather Primo search results from within EndNote?
- What can I do if my EndNote online references don't appear properly in Word?
- I can't find an EndNote connection file or import filters for the resource I am using, what should I do?
- How do I download references from Google Scholar into EndNote?
These resources also serve EndNote desktop software so be sure to specify EndNote online when you use them
Where can I get help, support and training locally in the use of EndNote?
Please contact the AU subject librarians firstname.lastname@example.org / 01970621896 with any requests for
- help, advice and support when using EndNote online
- hands-on training with EndNote online for groups or individuals
- finding/providing connection files, filters and styles (including custom styles) in EndNote online at AU
Overview presentations of bibliographic referencing software are also available via the optional Free Undergraduate Courses and Postgraduate study practices programmes, and as part of postgraduate research training provided by the AU Graduate School.