Finding a book in the library
Visit Primo http://primo.aber.ac.uk/ and Sign in:
In the search box enter one or two key words from the title and the surname of the author e.g. for: What kind of Europe? by Loukas Tsoukalis, type in: tsoukalis Europe and press the search button:
‘Available at’ indicates that the book is available to borrow i.e. it is not currently on loan.
- the classmark: HC241.2.T8
- the library, and floor where provided: Hugh Owen Library, Level F
- Check that catalogue information matches yours i.e. the author, title and year of publication is correct.
- Click on the ‘Available at’ to see how many copies there are and in which library.
- Visit the library location and look at the floor plan. These are designed by classmark so you can see which area of bookshelves you need to visit.
- Look at the stack guides on the end of each shelf. These are in classmark order. The white stack guides are for books, the pink ones are for journals.
- When you have found the one indicating the range that includes your classmark, look along that shelf until you reach the exact classmark to find the book.
Online access indicates that the item is available in an electronic version.
If an item is currently on loan you need to request it as soon as possible (if you do not request the item, the person having it on loan would be able to hold it up to 6 months).
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com