EndNote online is an online bibliographic referencing application for
- gathering bibliographic references from library catalogues and electronic resources
- amending, managing and storing references
- formatting the references from a range of citation styles provided
- exporting the references as footnotes, endnotes and bibliographies into Microsoft Word documents
It is freely available however when Aberystwyth University staff and students sign up, they are accessing an enhanced version with additional output styles and more storage for full-text attachments.
Register for EndNote online
- On a computer on the AU campus network (includes devices on eduroam wifi) visit: https://access.clarivate.com/login?app=endnote
- Click Register and complete the short form with your AU username but NOT your AU password, then click Register to submit the form
If you are using your own computer, or a computer in a University office or lab, you must also download the plug-ins so that you can capture references from web pages, cite references in Word and help export references from databases into EndNote online (this has already been done on computers in campus computer rooms and libraries).
- In EndNote online, click the Download tab and following the instructions.
Starting with EndNote online
- How do I gather Primo search results from within EndNote?
- What can I do if my EndNote online references don't appear properly in Word?
- I can't find an EndNote connection file or import filters for the resource I am using, what should I do?
- How do I download references from Google Scholar into EndNote?
- Click the Help button in EndNote online
These resources also serve EndNote desktop software so be sure to specify EndNote online when you use them
Where can I get help, support and training locally in the use of EndNote?
Please contact the AU subject librarians email@example.com / 01970621896 with any requests for
- help, advice and support when using EndNote online
- hands-on training with EndNote online for groups or individuals
- finding/providing connection files, filters and styles (including custom styles) in EndNote online at AU