- Professor Peter Lloyd (Professor - Southampton Solent University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminar||10 x 2 Hour Seminars|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Conduct research into 4 artists involved in the interdisciplinary arts via library, internet, gallery archives, gallery visits, studio visits etc.
2. Reflect on, evaluate, constructively critique and so understand 4 artists’ practice in relation to their own practice (projects 1 & 2). identifying similar attitudes, approaches, processes, techniques, career experiences and motivations etc
3. Systematically develop and present the 4 artists’ practice and theory via 2 presentations alongside the project and notebook and 2 x essays (essays 1 & 2) (utilizing a range of presentation methods e.g. images, media clips, artifacts, and academic sources).
4. Identify, pursue and document a viable creative enquiry through research, experimentation, and evaluation towards developing and concluding projects 1 & 2
5. Articulate the research process and creative development via a range of means (from traditional written work, to oral presentations, and installation/realisation)
Through a series of lectures, seminars, student led seminars, group tutorials and workshops the students will be introduced to a range of Interdisciplinary practices and theories, looking at the contexts, practices and theories of artists from various discipline perspectives, for example, from the perspective of the disciplines offered within the Creative Arts scheme: Fine Art, Theatre and Performance, Creative Writing and Film & TV. The students will learn how to conceive and develop a self-directed individual creative practice and portfolio alongside self-directed research. The students will learn how to contextualize their developing practice within a wider contemporary interdisciplinary critical discourse.
Week 1 Introduction to the module
Week 2 Lecture and seminar: Interdisciplinary Practices
Week 3 Student led seminar
Week 4 Workshop: practical
Week 5 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 6 Reading Week
Week 7 Lecture and seminar: Interdisciplinary Practices
Week 8 Student led seminar
Week 9 Workshop: practical
Week 10 Group tutorial: project 1 in progress
Week 11 Assignment 1 - Presentation: 2 Interdisciplinary practitioners, notebook and project 1
This module is at CQFW Level 4