- Dr Andrew Hazel (Reader - University of Manchester)
- Dr Karl Schmidt (Reader - Cardiff University)
- Dr Simon Spencer (Associate Professor - University of Warwick)
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Written report.||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Written report||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. the ability to obtain knowledge independently, using library, computing network and internet resources;
2. the ability to initiate short investigations, formulate appropriate problems and solve them;
3. the ability to present a detailed word-processed report on the work carried out.
This module is not available for MMath students, in view of the substantial amount of project work required of them in their fourth year.
Students intending to take this module must consult the module coordinator prior to registration to determine whether a suitable scheme of study and supervisor can be arranged.
To provide an opportunity for independent study of a topic in Mathematics or Statistics not covered at all, or in sufficient depth, by other modules.
The topic and detailed resource material will be arranged in consultation with the supervisor.
This module is at CQFW Level 6