The South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership
Looking for a PhD in the Arts and Humanities? Want to be fully funded? Apply for a funded PhD in the Arts and Humanities with the SWW DTP.
The South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership (SWW DTP) is offering 47 studentships funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and institutional partners for entry in September 2022.
What is unique about the SWW DTP?
- Fully paid tuition fees at UK home fee rates
- Maintenance stipend for at least 3 years and 8 months
- Co-supervision to double the expert support you receive directly as you undertake your research
- Access to the institutional resources across our entire consortium, including libraries, research training programmes, and career development opportunities
- Embedded research & employability placements during your PhD programme to enhance your research and/or employability skills
We are a consortium of ten supervising institutions including:
- Aberystwyth University
- Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum of Wales
- Bath Spa University
- University of Bristol
- Cardiff University
- Cranfield University
- University of Exeter
- University of Reading
- University of Southampton
- University of the West of England Bristol
We offer two funding schemes: Student-Led Project Awards, in which you propose your own research project, and Collaborative Doctoral Awards, for which you help shape a project proposed by experienced academics working with external partner organisations. Please see our website for details about both schemes.
We aim to award at least 5 studentships to applicants from BAME backgrounds, and to make an additional 3 awards to disabled applicants.
Our application system is now open and closes at 11.59pm on Monday, 24 January 2022.
Start your application here: https://www.sww-ahdtp.ac.uk/prospective-students/apply/