Mr Peter Vernon Jenkins
Pete Jenkins is a BTF (British Triathlon Federation) level 3 coach (qualified to take sessions and coach individuals) and has been participating in and organising triathlons since the late 1980s.
Pete was the Welsh National Triathlon Champion (Olympic distance in 1999, sprint distance in 2000) and represented Wales on the home nations team in 2000 and was awarded Welsh Triathlon Association (WTA) Welsh Triathlon Coach of the Year in 2012.
Recent coaching success includes:
- Coaching 5 individuals to the GB Age Group Team for the World Championships in 2012
- Coaching 4 individuals to the GB Age Group Team for the European Championships in 2013
- Coaching 2 Individuals to the GB Age Group Team for the European Championships in 2014
- Coaching the 2013 European Age Group Champion for the 40-44 age group
- Coaching 2 individuals to the GB Age Group Team for the World Championships in 2013
- Coaching 5 individuals to complete Ironman Wales over 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Pete coaches Triathlon Swim Training here at the University
- Tuesday 7.00 -8pm
- Thursday 7.15 - 8am