Request to 'Study from Home'
Aberystwyth University is taking the necessary measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our students, staff and the wider community. We hope to welcome as many, new and returning, students to campus this September 2020.
We understand that some students may be delayed in arriving to their courses due to travel restrictions, health reasons, or other causes. Students who are delayed in arriving, will be able to enrol and start engaging onto their courses remotely.
In order for us to work with you to ensure that you can return to university life as soon as practically possible, you will need to request to ‘Study from Home’ by completing the on-line form below.
Before you request to ‘Study from Home’ we advise you take the following into consideration: -
- UK students requesting to ‘Study from Home’ for health reasons will need to provide medical evidence with their requests. Please note that request on health grounds will only be accepted from specified clinical vulnerable groups, a full list of categories is available from here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EEA students must arrive to the UK before 31 December 2020 in order to be eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
- EEA students who arrive after 31 December 2020 will need a visa to study at Aberystwyth University.
- Non-EEA students who require a Tier 4 visa to study with us will need to provide evidence that they have submitted their visa application before they are allowed to enrol onto their courses.
- Non-EEA students whose Tier 4 visa has been granted will only be allowed to travel to the UK within 90 days of the visa issue date. Tier 4 students who do not travel within 90 days, will need to apply for new entry clearance visas.
- Non-UK students who are planning to apply to the new Post-Study Graduate route need to enter the UK before 6 April and complete their final semester of their studies in the UK.
- All students will need to ensure that they liaise with the ‘Accommodation Office’, or private landlord, to check whether their accommodation will be available on their arrival, and any costs accrued during the delayed absent period.
- All students will need to ensure that any delays in arriving to Aberystwyth will not affect any financial sponsorship that they receive.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Please complete the 'Study from Home' request form