Students at Aberystwyth University can access free confidential wellbeing and counselling support for a range of issues through our external provider Care First.
What Care First provide
- Care First Leaflet
Wellbeing Zone resources:
- Calendar 2021
- Weekly Calendar - 29/3/21
- How Care first can support you March 21
- Spring Clean your Well-being
- Managing Pressure
- Lifting of Lockdown Anxiety
- Sleep Anxiety - World Sleep Day
- Back to school anxiety
- Tips for Nutrition and Hydration
- Switching off after work
- Keeping connected & maintaining relationships during the pandemic
- Tips on improving your posture
- Change, loss & bereavement
- Advice for getting support during the pandemic
- Vaccine Anxiety & Protocol
- Routines for Back to School
- Time to Talk - The benefits of counselling
- Covid-19 - Resilience during the pandemic
- Covid-19 - What you should do if you live with someone with coronavirus
- CareFirst - Burnout & Tiredness
- CareFirst - Keep motivated whilst working from home
- CareFirst - Tips for Parents on Managing Screen time use for children
- CareFirst - Covid-19 - Tips to beat the winter Blues
- Seeking Support & Talking Therapy
- The Benefits of Exercise
- Nutrition, Hydration & Salt Awareness
- Sugar Awareness
- Sleep - Tips to getting a good nights sleep
- Reasons to be Happy
- Self-esteem & Kindness
- Children's Mental Health Awareness
- Supporting Staff who are Supporting Students in Crisis
- Wellbeing Zone Poster Healthy Outside Inside
- Wellbeing Zone How Financially Well Are You?
- Wellbeing Zone Food and Wellbeing
Who are Care First?
Care First provides confidential, impartial advice and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is free for you to access whenever you need.
Care First can provide information booklets, articles, resource information on support services in your local area and even short term counselling to help get you back on track.
How to access Care First
NB: when you click on the link above, you will be prompted to enter your AU username and password to obtain the login details for the service.
Please note an assessment of your needs will be undertaken when you first engage with care first, so they can get you to the right help.
What do I use the service for?
Care First is designed to help you with a wide range of family and personal issues. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Work-life balance
- Childcare information
- Health and well-being
- Disability and illness
- Bereavement and loss
- Elder care information
- Life events
- Anxiety and depression
- Family issues
- Bullying and harassment
- Consumer rights
- Workplace pressure
Is it confidential?
Your organisation does not know who uses our service unless the individual personally chooses to tell someone about his or her contact with Care First. We do provide statistics to your organisation to show how many students use the service and the broad types of issues that they raise with us, but no information is ever passed on which could potentially identify you.