Your First Few Weeks
To help you settle into the University a structured induction process is crucial. Your department will take the lead role in the coordination of your process of induction with assistance from Human Resources and the Centre for the Development of Staff and Academic Practice.
New staff are encouraged to take ownership of their induction process with their Head of Department responsible for ensuring legal compliance is maintained.
On your first day you will be provided with the induction plan tailored by your department to your specific role.
This induction plan will be based on your job category. Click on the category relevant to you, which links to essential information about your job:
|Profile Type||Induction Plan|
|Administrative, Managerial & Professional (AMP)||Aberystwyth University Induction Plan (Generic)|
|Technical & Computer Operator Profiles (TCO)|
|Clerical Staff Profiles (CS)||Aberystwyth University Induction Plan (Generic)|
|Campus Services Profiles||Aberystwyth University Induction Plan (Generic)|
Please ensure you complete the following within two weeks of commencing employment:
- Be provided with the induction plan tailored by your department to your specific role
- Login into the Aber People Self Service system which will allow you to securely view, edit and maintain certain details held about you, on the HR and Payroll system. You, and you only, can view your own personal information through this system - this system links securely to your AU username and password, and the site is protected for use over the Internet.
- Health, Safety & Environment: It is the responsibility of your line manager to ensure that you have sufficient experience, or have received appropriate training, before you undertake any work activity that contains any significant hazards. All staff must read the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy Statement and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management: Structure and Responsibilities All staff must complete the S010F Induction Report copies of this document must be retained by you and your departmental administrator.
- Commence probation arrangements
- Diversity E‐learning Course: this online tutorial enables staff to:
- familiarise themselves with equality legislation
- understand the broader issues around equality/diversity
- raise their awareness of their responsibilities and rights as members of staff