Current Student Wellbeing Provision – Coronavirus
The Student Wellbeing Service is currently accessible by phone and email, or a practitioner can get back to you if you complete our online registration form:
- 01970 622087/1761. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wellbeing Service registration form- English link: https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/aberystwyth-university-student-wellbeing-service-online-re-7
- Wellbeing Service registration form- Welsh link: https://aber.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/ffurflen-gofrestru-ar-lein-gwasanaeth-lles-y-myfyrwyr-prif)
Although we are not currently offering face to face appointments due to current situation with COVID- 19 and in line with Government advice, we are able to arrange a phone or business skype meeting with you if required.
Other Support options
We understand that this can be a worrying time for students. There is a range of help and advice available to Aberystwyth Students through the Big White Wall where 24/7 help and advice regarding Mental Health and Wellbeing issues can be accessed. MIND and the NHS also have helpful information
- Big White Wall: https://www.bigwhitewall.com/
- MIND: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/
It may be that you are required to self isolate and we realise this can impact on a persons wellbeing. There are things that you can do to help manage your wellbeing effectively at this time.
- Keep a varied daily routine- can really help to distract you from any worry, whilst offering a sense of control over your situation.
- Set up different ‘zones’- in your accommodation can help eg. Outdoor zone by a window, work/study zone, leisure activity zone, exercise zone.
- Stay connected- keep socialising through social media with caring individuals.
- Look after yourself- stay hydrated, offer yourself good nutrition and regular food intake, maintain a good sleep routine. Seek appropriate help and support if required.