British Science Week
Each year in March the Centre for Widening Participation provides a free hands-on science exhibition to mark British Science Week. The exhibition aims to:
- provide an experience of science to reinforce and extend the school science curriculum
- provide enjoyable and interesting science based activities for school pupils.
- be accessible to as many schools in Ceredigion as possible
- provide a range of activities reflecting different scientific disciplines
2019's theme is "Journeys".
Previous themes have included: "Exploration and Discovery", "Change is a Constant", "Everyone's a Scientist", "Science in Britain", "Explore the Future", "Invention and Discovery" and "World in Motion".
The 2019 event will run over Tuesday 12th, Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th March.
At the University's Sports Cage, Penglais Campus.
2018 Event News
As part of our event feedback we ask for participants to vote for their three favourite stands at the event. The 2018 winners were:
- Aberystwyth Robotics Club (First)
- Geography - Little River (Second)
- Physics - VR Mars Lander (Third)