|Module Title||BUSINESS ECONOMICS TUTORIAL|
|Co-ordinator||Mr Dennis Thomas|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Co-Requisite||EC10510 , EC10610|
|Course delivery||Seminars / Tutorials||10 x 50 mins|
The module provides tutorial support to complement lectures in EC10510 (Semester 1) and EC10610 (Semester 2) for students taking L112 Business Economics. It provides close and regular supervisory contact with students enabling them to practice and develop a variety of skills with respect to basic research, communication and presentation, both individually and in groups, via essays, reports, class topics and debate, and the compilation of a portfolio using a range of informational sources and presentational facilities.
On successful completion of the module students will be:
1. able to produce relevant, well structured and referenced essays on set topics,
2. able to plan and meet a varied work schedule,
3. able to prepare and present a structured portfolio of material,
4. able to prepare and give tutorial papers and produce reports,
5. able to actively participate in class discussion and debate,
6. acquainted with and able to use a variety of informational sources,
7. able to work co-operatively.
The current year's module outline can be found via The School's website