|Module Title||COSTUME DESIGN PROJECT|
|Co-ordinator||Mr Simon Banham|
|Course delivery||Project||Supervision of practical project|
|Tutorial||Weekly tutorials following design presentation|
|Assessment||Design for one production||Working notebook - 20%, Design - 100%||100%|
Typically, upon completion of this module, the student will be able:
- To create a coherent conceptual proposal for the role and function of costume in response to a particular theatre text/performance event.
- To demonstrate strategies for the practical realisation of conceptual intentions within specific physical and collaborative parameters.
- To demonstrate the experience and understanding necessary for the development of independent and responsible practical initiatives.
- To show an holistic comprehension of the production scenography within particular production procedures.
- To present clearly illustrated and appropriately documented evidence of the design process and sources.
Through the rigorous investigation of a text (if used) and any other primary or secondary sources, to design (under the supervision of the course tutor) the entire performer related aspects (costumes, make-up, hairstyle, personal artefacts etc) for a departmental production in collaboration with a director, and to then realise these designs within a given budget.