|Module Title||ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT|
|Co-ordinator||Dr Nicholas Pearce|
|Other staff||Professor Alex Maltman, Professor David Kay, Mr Jon Turner|
|Course delivery||Lecture||18 Hours 9 x 2 hours|
|Assessment||Essay||In-course assessed essay to be submitted by the end of week 9.||40%|
|Exam||2 Hours Written examination.||60%|
|Resit assessment||2 hour written examination (60%); In-course assessment marks to be carried forward: 40%.|
On completion of this module students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of
1. Historical attitudes to nature and the environment.
2. Strategies for the disposal of municipal and hazardous wastes
3. Aspects of the conservation of important Earth Science sites
4. Arid land management
5. Examples of environments requiring specific forms of management (e.g. Karst landscapes, loess landscapes)
6. Management of water quality.