|Module Title||INTERNATIONAL HISTORY 2:NIXON-NEW WORLD ORDER 1968-PRESENT|
|Co-ordinator||Dr Susan Carruthers|
|Course delivery||Lecture||21 Hours (21 x 1 hour)|
|Seminars / Tutorials||5 Hours (5 x 1 hour)|
|Assessment||Essay||1 x 1,500 word essay.||30%|
- understand the changing character of US foreign policy from the period of containment to the era of the new world order.
- explain the transformation of Soviet foreign policy from the seventies to the collapse of the USSR in the early nineties.
- evaluate the different theories of the end of the Cold War
- have an awareness of issues in Third World development
- understand the impact of the end of the Cold War upon the international order
- explain the rise of the Asia-Pacific region
- be able to discuss the changing nature of 'security' in the post-cold war era.