|Module Title||INTRODUCTION TO MODERN IRISH LANGUAGE 2|
|Co-ordinator||Dr William Mahon|
|Pre-Requisite||IR10620 or equivalent standard|
|Mutually Exclusive||IR11220 , GC10720|
|Course delivery||Lecture||22 Hours|
|Continuous assessment||weekly/fortnightly assessments/tests||20%|
|Exam||2 Hours written||60%|
|Resit assessment||written exam||100%|
1. You will be able to use the noun in the genitive case.
2. You will be able to use the personal forms of the preposition.
3. You will be able to use the Irish verb 'to be' in the present habitual, future, and conditional tenses.
4. You will be able to use the regular and irregular verbs in the present habitual, future, and conditional tenses.
5. You will be able to use the comparative degrees of the adjective.
6. You will be able to hold a more extended conversation in Irish using the above-mentioned grammatical and syntactical points.
7. You will know something about the oral literary tradition (e.g. songs, rhymes, anecdotes) of the Gaeltacht.