|Module Title||MODERN IRISH (LANGUAGE + LITERATURE) 1+2|
|Co-ordinator||Dr William Mahon|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Pre-Requisite||Modern Irish Level 1|
|Course delivery||Lecture||44 Hours|
|Assessment||End of semester assessment||30%|
1. You will be able to hold an extended conversation in Irish.
2. You will have a working knowledge of the language's basic grammar, including the
autonomous forms of the verb, the subjunctive mood, the genitive of all noun classes, relative clauses, indirect statement, and diverse copula constructions.
3. You will be able to follow simple lectures in Irish.
4. You will be able to participate in simple discussion through the medium of Irish
5. You will be able to write short, simple essays in Irish.
6. You will have read short selections from the oral literature of the Gaeltacht and from modern prose.
7. You will be able to discuss the social and literary context of these reading selections.