|| RD19210 |
|| GERMAN LANGUAGE |
|| 2001/2002 |
|| Ms Inge Owen |
|| Semester 1 |
|| Oral examination || || 10% |
|| Exam || 1.5 Hours || 50% |
|| Exam || Class tests (4 @ 10% each) || 40% |
Mastering general basic grammar, pronunciation and verbs, analysing sentence construction.
1. Attend classes regularly and play a full part.
2. Accuracy and attention to all work, written and oral
3. Acquire vocabulary as presented by tutor
Introductions, family life.
Climate, seasons, weather, calendar, birthdays
Geography, travel, finding the way around.
Body health, human/equine body parts, illness/doctor
Increase fluency and knowledge.
1. Acquire a reasonable fluency of speech in common situations
2. Acquire competency in reading and writing everyday phrases
3. Develop a capacity for interaction with others, using German
Descriptions of fellow-students and self.
Manners and customs, bar/cafe ordering, bills etc.
The course is intended to provide basic conversational skills, enabling the student to deal with a variety of situations and vocabularies. An element of equine interest is also introduced, in order to give more interest and relevance to the course. Several pieces of written work are set, which count towards the final assessment. In addition, due note is taken of the students' approach, attitude and contribution to the class. Students are encouraged to buy a pocket dictionary.