|Module Title||CONTEMPORARY SPAIN (1975 - DATE)|
|Co-ordinator||Dr Rob Stone|
|Semester||Intended for use in future years|
|Next year offered||N/A|
|Next semester offered||N/A|
|Assessment||Continuous assessment||2 essays of 1500 - 2000 words each||40%|
- contextual analysis of spanish literature post 1975.
- the expression of a knowledge of a range of the most notable Spanish authors (and their key works) to have emerged since Spain's transition to democracy.
- an appreciation of the nature of pluralist Spain, specifically as this concept relates to regional and sexual idendity in contemporary Spanish society.
- an understanding and expression of a range of literary theory, most specifically structuralism.
- structuring and writing essays of literary appreciation that are based on critical analysis and research.