|Module Title||RADIO DRAMA|
|Co-ordinator||Mrs Lucy Gough|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Course delivery||Workshop||10 Hours|
|Assessment||Radio play||1 x half hour radio play||75%|
|Essay||1 x 2,500 word essay on the nature of radio drama||25%|
Typically, upon completion of this module a student will be able:
- To discuss critically the extent and depth of a radio Playscript.
- To understand the way in which the interaction between audience and the play is achieved through such things as Pace and Rhythm.
- To organize and realize a practical demonstration of the stylistic, methodological and representational requirements of writing for this medium.
- Be able to use personal experience to create and embellish dramatic form.
- To create a radio Playscript with more than one layer of meaning and awareness.
A series of workshops and tutorials each focusing on a particular writing technique, e.g. pace, obstacles, structure, characters.