|Module Title||PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT: SET, LIGHTING AND SOUND|
|Co-ordinator||Mr Richard D Downing|
|Semester||Available semesters 1 and 2|
|Pre-Requisite||DR22310 or one of the following: DR21910, DR22110, DR22510|
|Course delivery||Seminars / Tutorials||Tutorial. Weekly tutorials following design presentations|
|Other||Project. Supervision of practical project|
|Further details||For information on due dates for submission of assessed work, please refer to the departmental web pages at http://www.aber.ac.uk/tfts/duedates.shtml|
- To create a coherent conceptual scenographic proposal appropriate to the specific production intentions and requirements of a given dramatic, theatrical or performance project
- To demonstrate strategies for the practical realisation of conceptual intentions within specific physical and collaborative parameters.
- To demonstrate the experience and understanding necessary for the development of independent and responsible practical design initiatives.
- To show an holistic comprehension of the production scenography within particular production procedures
- To present clearly illustrated and appropriately documented evidence of the design process, strategies and sources
Through the rigorous investigation of a text (if used) and any other primary or secondary sources, to design (under the supervision of the course tutor) the physical setting or a similar, predominant, scenographic element (e.g.: light installation: data projection; sound environment) for one departmental production. Whilst maintaining responsible collaboration with the director and wider production team, these designs are then to be realised within a given budget.
This module is at CQFW Level 6