|Co-ordinator||Ms Charmian C Savill|
|Pre-Requisite||DR10320 Either DR10320 or PF10320, PF10320 , DR21510|
|Course delivery||Practical||Intensive rehearsal/preparation/performance|
- To demonstrate his/her knowledge and awareness of Theatre in Education (TiE) in terms of its theatrical and educational functions.
- To present his/her understanding of the way in which theatre can operate in an educational (school) context, as a teaching method and as a learning experience.
- To engage critically with his/her practical work through an analysis and evaluation of their experience of creating a TiE project, both as an individual and as a member of a group.
- To show responsibility for his/her own practical work by considering his/her own contribution to the project, by evaluating the skills developed, and by giving careful consideration to the success of the project itself.
In assessing the project the examiners will expect to see evidence of:
- an ability to work within a group in devising and executing a Theatre in Education project within the guidelines given by the course leader.
- regular and punctual attendance and constructive engagement with the process
- the ability to work safely, independently and constructively within the group and to demonstrate qualities of leadership, when required during the rehearsal process
- a coherent concept and strategy for the project within the educational aims agreed
Development, progress and workbook (30%)
In assessing development, progress and workbook the examiners will use the following criteria:
- punctuality and attendance
- development of interpersonal and communication skills
- demonstration and application of techniques an methodologies introduced in the module
- a well documented and annotated working notebook
Oral examination (20%)
In assessing the oral examination the examiners will expect to see the ability to discuss:
- the ideas, concept and strategies used in the creation of the project
- a personal reflection and analysis of the contribution and achievements made by the group
- the educational relevance and possibilities offered by the project
- current critical debates about Theatre in Education
Awareness of educational relevance of own group project - viva and workbook.
Knowledge of history of TIE - contribution to course, workbook and devising process.
Understanding of theories and different styles of theatre and learning including the role of workshops and workpacks - viva, development, progress, workbook.
Contribution to group projecr - viva, process and performance.
This module is at CQFW Level 6