|| MM12610 |
|| MARKETING SKILLS TUTORIAL |
|| 2003/2004 |
|| Suzanne Cole |
|| Semester 2 |
|| Registration on the Marketing Major degree scheme |
| Course delivery
|| Seminars / Tutorials || 10 Hours |
|Assessment Type||Assessment Length/Details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment|| Coursework 4 x 25% ||100%|
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
understand alternative learning styles (including their own preferred style)
search for information on particular topics in marketing
present information in various written styles (management report; academic essay)
make effective verbal presentations
understand how to plan for career and personal development
Develop Marketing Major students' awareness of the skills needed for academic and career success in Marketing
Enthuse, motivate, and build students' self-confidence in managing their programme of learning
Build cohesiveness in each cohort of Marketing Major students.
1. Learning styles.
2. Searching for information.
3. Using information: selecting; summarising; writing styles.
4. Responding to information: making team recommendations and decisions.
5. Making effective presentations.
6. Case study presentation I
7. Case study presentation II
9. ) Career and personal development planning. Marketing yourself.
Reading for each topic will be distributed during the module
This module is at CQFW Level 4