|Module Title||DEVOLUTION AND THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY FOR WALES (RT)|
|Co-ordinator||To Be Arranged|
|Semester||Intended for use in future years|
|Next year offered||N/A|
|Next semester offered||N/A|
|Other staff||Dr Richard W Jones|
|Course delivery||Seminars / Tutorials||20 Hours 10 x 2 hours|
1. Discuss the historical origins and development of attempts to secure political devolution to Wales from 1979.
2. Critically assess and evaluate the key issues in Welsh politics post 1999.
3. Describe and analyse the main structures of governance, the policy processes and the legal issues associated with politics in devolved Wales.
4. Identify and evaluate key policy issues in Welsh politics.
5. Analyse the relationship between the National Assembly and other political actors in Wales.
6. Contextualise developments in Welsh politics within a broader UK and European framework.
7. Define the constitutional underpinnings of the National Assembly and evaluate the implications of these.
8. Apply and develop the key transferable skills acquired on the core Research Training Modules.
This module is at CQFW Level 7