|Module Title||THE WRITING PROJECT|
|Co-ordinator||Professor Jeremy P Poster|
|Other staff||Dr Matthew C Francis, Mr Noyes K Grovier, Dr Tiffany S Atkinson|
|Pre-Requisite||EN20120 , WR30120 , WR30220|
1. to provide students with the opportunity for a sustained, long-term personal engagement with a major writing task;
2. to enable students to demonstrate both their writing skills and their ability to reflect critically on their own writing practice.
The project may consist of:
1. a collection of poems of approximately 2,000 words in length, OR
2. one piece of prose fiction totalling approximately 4,000 words in length, OR
3. two shorter pieces of prose fiction, to a total of approximately 4,000 words, OR
4. a combination of poetry and prose fiction, to a total of approximately 4,000 words.
IN ADDITION, the project must include a critical commentary on the student's own poetic and/or fiction-writing practice with relevant bibliographical details (a FURTHER 1,500 to 2,000 words).
This module is at CQFW Level 6