|Module Title||SPACE ROBOTICS|
|Co-ordinator||Dr David Barnes|
|Other staff||Dr David Barnes, Dr Myra S Wilson|
|Pre-Requisite||CS10410 or equivalent.|
|Course delivery||Lecture||20 Lectures|
Includes syllabus, reading list, lecture notes etc.
2) History and future of space robotics. (1 lecture)
Includes satellites, orbiters, deep space probes, landers and rovers.
3) Space and planetary robot manipulator kinematics and control. (4 lectures)
Includes forward and inverse kinematics and PID control.
4) Space and planetary robot manipulator calibration. (1 lecture)
Includes examples from Beagle 2.
5) Planetary rover localisation, path planning, navigation and obstacle avoidance. (4 lectures)
Includes examples from NASA's Sojourner and MER rovers, and the ESA ExoMars rover.
6) Aerobots for planet and moon exploration. (3 lectures)
Includes aerostatics, aerobot design, localisation and navigation.
7) Advanced simulators for planetary robot surface operations. (2 lectures)
Includes examples from Beagle 2, shadow prediction and modelling Martian terrain and meteorology.
8) Autonomous space and planetary robot architectures and methods. (2 lectures)
Includes examples from Deep Space 1 and the robot planetary scientist project.
9) Autonomous planetary robot survivability and longevity. (2 lectures)
Includes qualitative kinematics modelling and model damage remediation.
This module is at CQFW Level 6