|Module Title||VISITOR MANAGEMENT|
|Co-ordinator||Mr Ian P Keirle|
|Course delivery||Lecture||3 x 1 hour lectures per week|
|Other||4 x 3 hour visits per semester|
|Seminars / Tutorials||4 x 2 hour workshops|
1. Describe and utilise the marketing process in relation to countryside recreation management.
2. Evaluate the issues concerned with the management of a countryside recreation site and to plan the
management of a site accordingly
3. Assess the use made of countryside recreation sites through the use of recreational survey techniques.
4. Describe the role and function of interpretation and apply best practice to its planning and development.
5. Discuss and interpret legislation concerned with access to the countryside.
6. Discuss the role, methods of delivery and issues associated with environmental education and be able to plan and implement an environmental education programme safely.
The aims of this module are to:
a. Develop an appreciation of marketing and its value as an approach to the management of countryside recreation
b. Develop an understanding of the methods available for the management of recreational visitors to the countryside
c. Develop an understanding of the function of interpretation
d. Develop an understanding of the process involved in the development of interpretation and the techniques that can be used.
e. Develop an appreciation of the role of environmental education and how it is delivered in the UK context
f. Develop an understanding of the planning and resource requirements needed to deliver safe and effective environmental education.
.2 IT and information handling
This may occur within the assignment.
.4 Writing in an academic context
This will occur within the examination.
.5 Oral discussion and presentation
The module contains several workshops which involve group discussion.
.6 Careers need awareness
The issues covered within this module are directly related to employment within the countryside
Students are required to manage their own time in carrying out continuous assessment.
|Problem_solving||This will occur within the assignment|
|Research skills||The assignment may require primary research to be conducted|
|Communication||Report writing skills will be developed within the assignment|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||This occurs through feedback from the assignment|
|Team work||The module uses a number of group work sessions within the teaching|
|Information Technology||In the assignment, IT skills will be required|
|Application of Number||The assignment may require some survey work that will include a need for numeric skills.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||This module provides a range of skills and knowledge that are directly relevant to the countryside job market.|
This module is at CQFW Level 5