|Module Title||IMAGINING IRISHNESS; HISTORY, SOCIETY AND LITERATURE FROM THE GAELIC REVIVAL TO THE PRESENT|
|Co-ordinator||Dr William J Mahon|
|Course delivery||Lecture||11 Hours.|
|Seminars / Tutorials||2 Hours.|
1. You will be able to identify the major prose authors and poets of the period.
2. You will be able to discuss the social and political context of the literature of this period, and most particularly its relation to the issue of language revival, colonialism, and post-colonialism.
3. You will have an understanding of the literary context of this literature and be able to discuss how it was influenced by native (Gaelic) and foreign (English and European) models.
4. You will be able to discuss the importance of the regional literature of the Irish-speaking districts.
5. You will be able to identify the major poets of the period and to discuss their themes and influences.
This module is at CQFW Level 4