|Module Title||MODERN IRISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE FOR NON-BEGINNERS|
|Co-ordinator||Dr William J Mahon|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Pre-Requisite||Leaving-certificate Irish (Higher), A level or equivalent standard|
|Mutually Exclusive||IR10620 and IR10710, GC10620, GC10720|
|Course delivery||Lecture||44 Hours.|
1. You will be able to hold a conversation in Irish with confidence.
2. You will be able to follow simple lectures in Irish.
3. You will be able to participate in discussion through the medium of Irish.
4. You will have an extensive knowledge of grammar.
5. You will be able to distinguish features of the major dialect groupings.
6. You will have read several selections of contemporary prose and poetry.
7. You will be able to discuss the literary and social contexts of the selected texts.
8. You will be able to write short compositions in simple, correct Irish.
This module is at CQFW Level 4