|Module Title||ITALIAN LANGUAGE-BEGINNERS,SINGLE HONS EURO LANG;MINOR LANG|
|Semester||Semester 2 (Taught over 2 semesters)|
|Other staff||Dr Roberta Sartoni, Dr Antonietta Feroldi|
|Pre-Requisite||Only available to Single Honours European Languages students.|
|Course delivery||Other||120 Hours. Contact Hours. (Total of 120 hours Lectures/Seminars/Tutorials/Practicals.|
- demonstrate your interest in and understanding of the Italian language as a subject of study
- display proficiency in the essential framework of Italian grammar and syntax
- translate selected passages from and into Italian
- use a range of linguistic structures, particularly those in more frequent general usage
- communicate in written Italian at aa appropriate standard
- produce summaries of material written in Italian
- give your own insights into aspects of Italian society
- use a good range of Italian vocabulary
- respond with understanding to spoken Italian
- make both supervised and independent use of the facilities available in the department: video, language laboratory, satellite television
Language modules have, as an integral part of their structure, regular homework assignments and class tests as well as end of year examinations. All assessment is designed to measure your progress against learning outcomes at the appropriate level.
An intensive course so that students may acquire competence in the fundamental structure of the Italian language as well as communicative skills. The course adopts a multimedial approach, making extensive use of video, computers, language laboratory, satellite television.
For a full description see IT10740.
This module is at CQFW Level 5