|Module Title||HOUSING LAW|
|Co-ordinator||Professor John R Williams|
|Pre-Requisite||LPM0140 , LPM0505 , LPM0325 , LPM0215|
|Professional Exemptions||Law Society validated study scheme|
This module enables students to advise and assist clients in the field of Housing Law. The module will focus on housing law issues most commonly arising in general practice, i.e. security of tenure, termination of occupation rights, repairing obligations, and rights in occupation. Students will be encouraged to consider the role of the housing practitioner in a wider context having regard to the work of other professionals, agencies and authorities involved in housing issues, e.g. Surveyors, Shelter, Citizen Advice Bureaux and Local Authorities.
The module will be delivered in an interactive manner.
2. Possession from Trespassers and Licencees
3. Possession from Common Law Tenants and Forfeiture
4. Possession from Protected, Assured and Secure Tenancies (Including Introductory Tenancies)
5. Possession from Mortgagors
6. Occupier Rights to Quiet Enjoyment
7. Repairing Obligations
8. County Court Procedure
This module is at CQFW Level 7