|Module Title||THE PRIVATE CLIENT|
|Co-ordinator||Professor John R Williams|
|Pre-Requisite||LPM0140 , LPM0505 , LPM0325 , LPM0215|
|Professional Exemptions||Law Society validated study scheme|
This module enables students to advise and assist clients in the field of Private Client Law. The module will focus on areas of work in small and medium sized practices. The module will concentrate on the law and practice relating to advising the Private Client with special emphasis on the elderly client. The module will be delivered in an interactive manner.
2. Overview of Taxation and assessment of Income Tax, CGT, and calculations
3. Advice on Lifetime and Inheritance tax planning including PCFSMA, investment strategies, life insurance etc.
4. Financial Services advice.
5. Estate planning including residential care
6. Investigation of the uses of various trusts
7. Will drafting and post death matters
8. Powers of Attorney
9. Living wills
11. Family issues.
This module is at CQFW Level 7